12.06.2012

Seattle

Look at me actually writing two days in a row. I don't have my laptop so I can't add photos or editing of any pages or such. I will probably work on most of that over break!

Yesterday I went running for the first time in a while. Something about running during this time of the year makes me happy. I know it's freezing outside but somehow I like that better than running in 90 degree weather. I'd rather be at the pool and sippin' on sweet tea than sweating and dying from heat. So hence, I run in the winter. The photo below is the path I went running on last night. Can you believe that's real life? After seeing that beautiful sunset, I took time to sit down and take it all in. Got my mind rolling on how amazing the small things in life are.

Quoted: "Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."—Unknown

{Side note: most likely I steal all these quotes from people I don't know, so you'll probably see a lot of unknown quotes because I don't take the time to look up who they are by..maybe I will at some point.}

Lately my mind has been on traveling. There is nothing in the world I love better (besides Jesus, family, coffee, and summer...okay so maybe a few things I love more...) regardless, traveling is a highlight of my life.

My most recent trip to Seattle was amazing. I have never loved a sunshine-less city this much.

Reason for going: my very close friend, Alexandra, lives in Washington. [Alexandra and I have known each other for 17 years, I am amazed that our friendship has continued, she is a fantastic friend and person.] While I've been out to visit her before, we've never gone to Seattle. Things fell together quite perfectly for this last visit, and we made plans to stay in Seattle for two nights.

The benefits of life in Seattle:

1. WEST COAST - everything is better on the West Coast, right? Plus I'm just a flight away from California! I love being able to walk everywhere and it really is a beautiful state.

2. Coffee is everywhere...from the cutest little cafés, to the ORIGINAL Starbucks. What's not to love?

3. Big City with a hometown feel. Also, did I mention that Amazon was founded here? I could become a millionaire by creating an business in Seattle!! (just sayin')

4. I did a flying trapeze class. Do I really need to explain this?

--Okay, wellll...how many people can say that they have done this before? Mhm. Not many, but I can be proud and say that Alexandra and I were star students. I should add that she was probably the more talented due to the fact I had the advantage of 10 years of gymnastics. Anyway, I highly recommend trying it. The classes we took were at a place in Seattle called SANCA. Look it up if you're ever in town. Such a professional and friendly staff, website too!

So when I get home, I will post a few photos of the adventures I had in Seattle:)

Hope this was enough to keep you interested on more posts!

be brave, love life.

xo,
B

1 comment:

  1. I really believe you are made for Seattle and Seattle is made for you...

    ReplyDelete